This week’s news is just a few reminders about what is happening this weekend here at All Saints Church.
Fall Fish Fry
Our annual Friar’s Fall Fish Fry in honor of St. Francis is today, Friday, October 5, 2018. Take out begins at 5:00 p.m. and dine-in service begins at 6:00 p.m. Even if you have not pre-purchased tickets, you can always get them at the door for $10 each. See you tonight.
Cynthia’s Big Day
God willing, Cynthia Hensley will be set apart as a Deaconess in Christ’s Holy Church this coming Sunday morning, October 7, at 11:00 a.m. It will be our great honor to witness this historic event here at All Saints, as she will be the first ever in our parish. A reception will follow immediately thereafter so plan on sticking around to congratulate Cynthia and greet our Diocesan Bishop, the Most Rev. Walter Grundorf and Cynthia’s family, friends, as well as other deaconesses from our diocese.
Bishop Grundorf will also be at our 8:30 a.m. Holy Communion that day and he will also join us in Sunday School to let us know what is happening throughout our diocese, our national church, and throughout the world with our Global Partners.
Construction made great strides this week. The stone work on the front of the church building is nearly complete, and may well be done by the time the Fish Fry happens tonight. The gutters are up on the new office building, the main office door and the basement door have been installed, and the final bit of siding went up. The block retaining wall around the church building has also been put back into place.
Several other announcements are below. Please keep Cynthia in your prayers this weekend, as her big day approaches, that Almighty God may bless her and her ministry among us and in our community.
This Week in the Parish
Friday, October 5
· 5:00 p.m. Fall Fish Fry
Saturday, October 6
· 6:00 p.m. Vestry Dinner with Bishop Grundorf
Sunday, October 7, Nineteenth Sunday after Trinity
· 8:30 a.m., Holy Communion
· 9:45a.m., Adult Sunday School
· 11:00 a.m., Setting Apart of a Deaconess
· 12:15 p.m., Reception for Cynthia
Monday, October 8
· 6:30 p.m. Vestry Meeting
Tuesday, October 9
· 11:00 a.m. Tuesday Book Study
Wednesday, October 10
· 6:00 p.m. Holy Communion
· 6:30 p.m. Fellowship Meal
· 7:00 p.m. Bible Study
· 7:00 p.m. Choir Practice
First Friday Youth and Kids
· For our October First Fri-Yay, our youth and kids will be serving at the Friars Fish Fry tonight. Please arrive by 5:30 p.m. to eat. We start serving at 6:00 p.m.
Craft Market Saturday!
· Our 4th Annual Craft Market will be next Saturday, October 13 from 9:00 a.m.—3:00 p.m. Please support our Ladies Group by coming out that day to shop. And don’t forget to bring a friend or two! If you would like to provide baked goods for our Church Bake Sale that day, please see Julie Morton. Baked goods need to be delivered to the kitchen Friday, October 12 or Saturday, October 13 by 9:00 a.m.
Tee Shirts are Here
· Please be sure and pick up your tee shirts from the table this weekend. They are labeled. If you have not paid, please give Cynthia your check .
Tuesday Book Study
· Tuesday’s Book Study this week will be looking at chapters 6-9 in Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Cost of Discipleship. It is never too late to join us.
Wednesday Night Bible Study
· This coming Wednesday we will begin Chapter 4 in the Gospel according to St. Matthew. Come, join us!
Kairos International Prison Ministry
· On the weekend of October 19—21, Kairos International Prison Ministry will hold their yearly event at Mountain View Correctional Institution #3 in Spruce Pine, N.C. You can be a part of this weekend by either signing up for the prayer vigil or by attending the closing day on Sunday, October 21 at 1:30 p.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board with selected prayer times. If you would like to attended the closing day, please see Thomas Baldwin or Cynthia Hensley for a registration form.
· Interfaith Assistance Ministry in Henderson County is this month’s recipient of our in-gathering of food stuffs.