I must ask for your forgiveness this week. I said in my post last week that I would write about a biblical perspective on Church membership. Unfortunately I ran out of time because of all the work and excitement surrounding the arrival of our bell tower and the fact that you needed to see this post today. I promise I will get to the membership topic next week.
Our biggest and most exciting news this week, of course, is the fact that our new bell tower arrived on Wednesday (as you can see in this picture) and was put into place that day. On Thursday, the manufacturer finished the installation with steel mesh placed around the upper portion of the tower and they topped everything off with putting a Cross right on top! All the pictures of this historic day in our parish are up on this website and our Facebook Page and I have included some below. But don’t stop reading here. There are several more very important things you need to know about.
We are blessed to welcome into our portion of Christ's flock our new organist & choir master Brian Weber. Brian began playing for us this past Sunday and we look forward to his ministry among us. Welcome aboard Brian!
First Friday Kids
The Youth of the parish will gather tonight at 6:00 p.m. for their monthly gathering. They have a project they will be completing for the upcoming Kairos Prison Ministry weekend at Mountain View Correctional Institution. Our kids should bring some friends along for this most worthy endeavor.
Tomorrow morning, Saturday, Sept. 8, we will have a parish workday here to prepare for the fall, with various “sprucing up” things needing to be done. It will also be the time for us to begin to pour some “sweat equity” into our construction project here at the church, as we will be pulling all the siding off the front of the church building. I encourage everyone to come on out tomorrow. Many hands make short work! See you in the morning.
Youth Sunday School
Sunday School classes for our young people resume this coming Sunday, Sept. 9, at 9:45 a.m. (P.S. Don't worry grown-ups. Your class comes back next Sunday, Sept. 16).
Bible Study & Fellowship Dinners Return
Next Wednesday night, September 12, Bible Study will be back in session. This fall we will be studying the Gospel according to St. Matthew. This also means that our Fellowship Dinners are back. So our normal Wednesday night schedule will be in effect: Holy Communion, 6:00 p.m.; Dinner, 6:30 p.m.; Bible Study, 7:00 p.m.; and Choir Practice, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday Fellowship Lunch
Our Sunday lunches after our 11:00 a.m. Holy Communion return this week. Our thanks to all the teams that serve us faithfully every week!
All Saints T-Shirts
Be sure and see Mary Odom or Sally Blackburn if you would like to order an All Saints t-shirt. Orders will be made this coming week. The cost for a short-sleeve shirt is $15.00, long-sleeve is $20.00. Please make checks out to All Saints with “T-shirt” on the memo line. Thanks to Mary for organizing! If you ordered last Sunday, please be sure to bring your check.
The Vestry meets Monday, September 10, at 6:30 p.m. in the parish hall.
Keep on reading to see bell tower pictures and a few more announcements. I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend.
This Week in the Parish
Friday, September 7
· 6:00 pm., First Friday Youth
Saturday, September 8
· 9:00 a.m., Parish Work & Demo Day
Sunday, September 9, Fifteenth Sunday after Trinity
· 8:30 a.m., Holy Communion
· 9:45a.m., Youth Sunday School returns
· 11:00 a.m., Holy Communion
· 12:15 p.m., Fellowship Lunch
Monday, September 10
· 6:30 p.m., Vestry Meeting
Wednesday, September 12
· 6:00 p.m., Holy Communion
· 6:30 p.m., Fellowship Dinner
· 7:00 p.m., Bible Study
· 7:00 p.m., Choir Practice
Bell Tower Pictures
Sun., Sept. 16
· 9:45 a.m., Adult Sunday School returns
Tues., Sept. 18
· 11:00 a.m., Book Study returns
Sat., Sept. 29
· 10:00 a.m., Blessing of the Animals
Fri., Oct. 5
· 5:00 p.m., Fall Fish Fry
Sun., Oct. 7
· 11:00 a.m., Cynthia's Setting Apart as Deaconess
Sat., Oct. 13
· 9:00 a.m., Annual Craft Market
Sharing is Caring!
· Our Craft Market 2018 ad is up on our parish Facebook Page. If you have a Facebook page, please click the “share” option and help us advertise the LASSES biggest fundraiser of the year to your family and friends on Facebook.
Craft Market 2018
· Tables are going fast! If you know someone who would like a table, please get a registration form from Barbara Conner or Cynthia Hensley today. The date for this year’s event is Saturday, October 13. If you are a crafter, artist, knitter, etc. and would like to donate a few items to our All Saints Crafter’s Guild table, please see Kathy Willis.
· Western Carolina Rescue Mission is this month’s recipient of our in-gathering of food stuffs.
Tuesday Book Study
· Our book study this fall will use Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Cost of Discipleship. We have sold all the copies we have. You can easily buy a copy on Amazon. See Cynthia if you need some help ordering. Class will start on Tuesday, September 18.